Cloth Diapering a Newborn with Umbilical Cord
Sharon, from Diaper-eez, discovered how to make a Lil Helper one size cloth diaper fit a newborn and allow your baby’s freshly minted belly button to breathe.
- Use only the small insert with your one-size Lil Helper Cloth Diaper.
- Leave the front of the insert unsnapped and just snap the back.
- Snap the diaper to the middle setting using the 3 rows of snaps on the front.
- Fold the front flap of the diaper down just above the bottom row of snaps. (Pic A)
- Holding the sides of the diaper, snap the side snaps into the first and last bottom row snaps. (Pic B)
- Take the right side of the diaper (female snaps) and snap into the middle (ignore the inner snap above). Then take the other side of the diaper and snap it onto the right side of the cover into the female snap. (Pic C & D)